Just as with last month’s post, I ran across this clever gift-giving idea on Pineterest, so I thought I’d share. Valentine’s Day gifts for the secret pal need to be clever but not-so-romantic. Here’s just the “tool” for you.
A person could choose teacher-y stuff to put in the cellophane instead, of course: erasers, pencils, Oriental Trade prizes, colorful paper clips, or sticky notes. I’m assuming you just make these gifts with the following:
- cellophane wrap (12 inches x 12 inches, approx. depending on the size of your shovel)
- curling ribbon
- candy or prizes
- I Dig Your Style Valentine Labels (click to download)
- plastic shovel
- Lay the cellophane on a flat surface.
- Place the shovel over the top of the cellophane with its scoop in the center.
- Fill the scoop with the gift of choice (candy or prizes).
- Gather the cellophane around the handle and tie it off with curling ribbon.
- Glue or tape the label to the front.
I’ve included a Valentine’s Day label that you can easily download and print right here. (See link above.) On that document, I made two possible labels, so you can choose which one suits your secret pal best.
Happy Valentine’s Day! And remember, please show your appreciation for my freebies by “liking” this page, sharing it with others, and/or posting links from your blog to mine. Thanks!